Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oh dear! I was wrong...

So it's time for me to come clean. Time to fess up. My oh so picky husband was right. And he was a real sport too.

What could all this be about? Well, corned beef, of course!

So I went ahead and made the corned beef. I omitted the cabbage as my husband was threatening to puke if I cooked such a thing. No, he is not Irish. Of course, neither am I. Well, I am a bit Irish but not enough to be raised on corned beef and cabbage! Besides when he said the cabbage would make the whole house stink for days I was scared off. I have a strong aversion to stinky stuff.

So I cooked the corned beef, smothered it in the crock pot and let it cook all afternoon. Then I made some potatoes and carrots to go with it. We sat down to dinner and Nick liked it! He even went for seconds. But that's not all. I didn't like it - AT ALL!!! Here I've been teasing my hubby about being picky and I could barely eat it. I was just sure I would like it too. Well, I guess it's good to try new things, right?

Well, I will not give up. I will continue to try new things. And with that being said, I have bought a new cookbook. I hope to be trying several new things out from the book. Let's just hope they're better than tonight's dinner! And, to all that have a bit of Irish in them, please accept my apologies and you can have my helping of corned beef too! :)

See you at the dinner table! ~Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment